Astra Pro 3.9.2 – Extend Astra Theme With the Pro Addon Get access to powerful features for painless WordPress designing, without the high costs. With all the time you will save, it’s a product that pays for itself!
Astra Pro Addon Plugin Features
- Astra is built for speed and fully optimized for performance. Being the most lightweight theme, it loads in less than 0.5 seconds!
- Astra requires less than 50KB of resources as compared to 100s required by the other WordPress themes.
- Astra uses default WordPress data and follows the best coding standards to make sure that every piece of code is optimized.
- Use layouts to manage the layout of the website container such as the headers, blogs, single pages, posts, etc.
- Use the transparent header that sets a transparent header background and pulls the page up, merging both of them.
- With this, you can customize and adjust header breakpoints, set a different logo, menu styles, colors, etc. for a mobile device.
- Create beautiful templates with your favorite page builder or drop in a shortcode to include a layout within a mega menu on your website.
- With Astra, you can create page specific sidebars that can override the settings and customizations of the default sidebar on your website.
- Astra comes with several inbuilt header and footer options that can be extended further with the Astra Pro addon.
- This is a header that sticks on top of the page even when the user scrolls. It allows quick access to the menu from any part of the page.
- You can add custom page headers and set display rules to show them up on specific pages and posts of your website.
- You can set colors and fonts that integrate well with your brand, and easily manage the colors and typography of the entire website.
- Astra is completely WooCommerce ready and helps you build and design your store through the customizer itself. You can build a fast and attractive store today!
- Astra lets you display your primary content in a boxed layout to distinguish it from the other content seen on the page.
- You can insert specific margins on the edges of the content to give it a padded look. Astra’s padded layout lets you do this easily.
- The Spacing Addon of Astra allows you to manage the margins and paddings around all the elements and overrides the default space settings.
- Astra comes with a default full width layout that lets you use the entire width of the primary content on your website.
- Astra gives you an option to choose the fluid layout that lets you stretch the entire website till the ends of the screen.
- Astra gives you a default container, called the primary container with its own specific layout and settings within the customizer itself.
- Astra lets you select from as many as 700+ Google fonts to make sure you get the best typography for your website.
What is Astra Pro
Astra WordPress theme is a highly customizable theme, and it has many excellent features.
It’s super lightweight, and therefore the developers say that, with default WordPress data, an internet site using Astra should load in but half a second. They’ve taken various steps to realize this, including disabling jQuery and keeping resources under 50kb.
Astra is really a beautiful WordPress theme used for portfolios, blogs, businesses, online shops, and more.
The free version is getting used on quite 1,000,000 websites, and it works pretty well with almost all page builder plugins, and you can customize your whole website via the WordPress theme customizer.
Giving you the power to import dozens of high-quality website designs, Astra allows you to transform your entire website.
You can extend the functions of this theme by upgrading to the professional version of the theme, but various free extensions are also available.
In this article, I’ll show you why Astra is so popular, walk you through the accessible version of the plugin and explain the advantages of upgrading to Astra Pro.
ASTRA PRO MODULES
There are 18 modules in Astra Pro that you can use to customize your website. Four of these require having the suitable plugins.
- Background and colors
- Fonts (Typography)
- Blog Pro
- Mobile Header
- Header Sections
- Nav Menu
- Sticky Header
- Page Headers
- Custom Layouts
- Site Layouts
- Footer Widgets
- Scroll To Top
- Easy Digital Downloads
- White Label
You can change colors or add a Back to Top link yourself, using Astra Pro it is faster and easier.
Astra Free VS Astra Pro
Astra has such a lot to supply within the free version. You’ll install the Astra theme free of charge from the WordPress Theme repository. They also need to get the professional version of the theme, which has even gained more features and more functionalities. Here are a number of the items you get with Astra Pro, aside from those offered within the accessible version of the theme.
More Design Options
Astra Pro possesses more design options as compared with the accessible version of an equivalent. With the premium Astra pack, you get the features and style options like – sticky headers, mobile-specific headers, mega menu options, and tons of other functions.
More Layout Options
With the free pack of the Astra Theme, you get the default layout, but with Astra Pro, you get different layouts like boxed layout, full-width layout, fluid layout, and far more. You also get many other options that you can use to customize the design of your website pages. Also, you’ll give different layouts to different pages.
More Typography, Colors & Backgrounds
Astra Pro gives you more typography options to choose between many fonts and customize your site content. You also, you get more colors and background options to style the various sections of your website. Though Astra Free could be sufficient for several users if you’re not someone who likes to style your pages specifically, Astra Pro will give you more stability in your customization.
More WooCommerce Options
Astra Free version is also fully compatible with the WooCommerce plugin; the professional version gives you more options for design and functionality. If you’re making a core eCommerce website and if you’re serious about your eCommerce business and you’re getting to use Astra, I might suggest you use the professional version.
Modular Design & Functionality
The biggest problem with the themes having numerous features is that, although you are not using several features, the theme files containing those features still load on the website. This makes your website heavy and takes a hell much time to load, but that’s not the case with the Astra Pro. This super flexible theme is made with a modular design which suggests you’ll completely close up a number of the features and functionality that you simply aren’t using n your website to form your site even more light-weight and fast.
Hooks & Filters
Going a step further, Astra Pro offers many hooks and filters, which are extremely useful for developers. If you would like to feature some codes within the specific part of your website to extend the functionality further, you’ll easily do so by just using the built-in hooks and filters; you won’t get to touch the core files and coding of the theme.
Astra Pro Performance
Astra is becoming one of the most popular WordPress themes for a reason. It’s free, fast, and straightforward to adapt to different use cases because of the detailed WordPress Customizer settings and many importable demo sites.
Astra is already speedy, with load times for an actual demo site at under one second. For even better page load times, though, you’ll combine Astra with WP Rocket to drop your load times by another 15-20%.
All in all, if you would like a multipurpose WordPress theme that’s performance-optimized but doesn’t skim on flexibility, then Astra can become a good option for you.
You can either use it with the default WordPress block editor. Or, you’ll do what tons of individuals do and pair it together with your favorite page builder plugins like Elementor, Beaver Builder, or others.
Just remember that if you use it with a page builder plugin, you’ll be adding a touch extra “weight” to your page. That’s the trade-off that you make to urge access to the visual design flexibility of a page builder.
Astra Pro VS GeneratePress Premium
WP Astra has some more great features than GeneratePress in the customization and layouts section. Astra free also comes with dozens of free plugins to increase the functionalities.
Especially the Astra Sites feature may be a great one enabling you to import dozens of demo sites in one click (perfect for agencies). GeneratePress also comes with a few internet sites to import.
If you’ve seen the pricing section of this post, you’ll notice that the GeneratePress comes at less price than that of Astra Pro.
Before making a switch, I used to be during a dilemma to settle between GeneratePress and Astra. I finally decided on Astra Pro thanks to its more features when used with page builders and robustness.
You can’t fail with either of those.
I was within the same boat choosing between these and eventually went with Astra Pro. Are the extra features that Astra offers well worth the extra 10 dollars? You’re the one to make a decision.